Friday, July 17, 2009

They called me a stupid Chinese



A Kajang municipal councillor who was also interrogated by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) alleged commission investigators hurled racist remarks at him during questioning at the state MACC headquarters here.
"They called me a stupid Chinese... Are you from China? You can't speak Malay?” said Tan Boon Wah.
He was subjected to torture and was threatened that he would be beaten if he refused to admit to allegations made by the investigators

“I was shouted at: 'This is my place, you better believe that I can hit you',” said Tan

“I was then asked to stand and look straight. I was not allowed to rest my head. I was made to stand for four hours,” he added

Tan said the MACC officials also threatened to arrest his wife and detain his children

Tan added that he was also told by an MACC investigator not to talk about the interrogation, before he was released yesterday afternoon.
“The MACC officer said don't bring the matter outside, but one life has ended, so now I have to,” said Tan.

No comments: